One Question

June 15, 2015


So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.  Romans 10:17

If life were a test, the first question on it would be whether you believe in God and if you got that one wrong, it would be an automatic fail.  Fortunately, God left His fingerprints and signature throughout the entire universe.  He not only gives us the Bible to study, but He shows us in the beauty of nature, giving us a glimpse of His glory.  He also shows us through our five senses--eyes to see the wonder of nature around us and faces of people we care for, ears to hear music and the voices of our loved ones, amazing tastes and smells, through our loving relationships with each other that hint at how He feels toward us.  He wrote about His existence everywhere, including on our hearts!  If we haven't understood, it's because we choose not to--probably out of pride, not wanting to acknowledge a higher power than ourselves.  The ability to make our own choices is a gift from Him.  He promises that if we search for Him diligently, we will find Him.  Don't waste all of the opportunities God gave us to learn who He is and what He's like.  No one will have any excuse in the end.  If you don't have the answer yet, find out now while you still have time.  While you're at it, consider this:  It is not enough to believe in "a" God or "higher power."  There is one God and He provided one way to Himself and that Way is Jesus.

The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they reveal knowledge.
They have no speech, they use no words;
no sound is heard from them.
Yet their voice goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world.
Psalm 19:1-4

For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse. Romans 1:20

If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
Psalm 139:8-10

I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me. Proverbs 8:17

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. Hebrews 11:6

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder.  James 2:19

Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel
and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
“I am the first and I am the last;
besides me there is no god.  Isaiah 44:6

But I am the Lord your God,
who brought you out of Egypt.
Therefore, you must not acknowledge any God but me;
except me there is no Savior.
Hosea 13:4

Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him. John 5:22-23

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

kit: Country Love by Etc. by Danyale, blended photo: Morgue File