You Are The Sun

November 08, 2014


But to you who fear My name
The Sun of Righteousness shall arise
With healing in His wings
Malachi 4:2

You Are The Sun by Sara Groves 
(Part 1 of 2)

You are the sun shining down on everyone
Light of the world giving light to everything I see
Beauty so brilliant I can hardly take it in
And everywhere you are is warmth and light

And I am the moon with no light of my own
Still you have made me to shine
And as I glow in this cold dark night
I know I can't be a light unless I turn my face to you

Shine on me with your light
Without you I'm a cold dark stone
Shine on me I have no light of my own
You are the sun, you are the sun, you are the sun
And I am the moon

PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT about worshiping nature, but about the fact that the moon is not illuminated from within but gets its light from the sun shining on it--just as we are dead spiritually until the Light of the World, Jesus, comes into our hearts and regenerates us, shining His light into and through us.

kit: Shine by Createwings Designs; template by Little Green Frog Designs
(photo by me)