I Am The Moon

November 09, 2014



Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years; and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so. Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also. God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth, and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. So the evening and the morning were the fourth day.  Genesis 1:14-19

But everything exposed by the light becomes visible—and everything that is illuminated becomes a light. Ephesians 5:13

You Are The Sun by Sara Groves 
(Part 2 of 2)

You are the sun shining down on everyone
Light of the world giving light to everything I see
Beauty so brilliant I can hardly take it in
And everywhere you are is warmth and light

And I am the moon with no light of my own
Still you have made me to shine
And as I glow in this cold dark night
I know I can't be a light unless I turn my face to you

Shine on me with your light
Without you I'm a cold dark stone
Shine on me I have no light of my own
You are the sun, you are the sun, you are the sun
And I am the moon

PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT about worshiping nature, but about the fact that the moon is not illuminated from within but gets its light from the sun shining on it--just as we are dead spiritually until the Light of the World, Jesus, comes into our hearts and regenerates us, shining His light into and through us.

kit: Into the Night by Createwings Designs; template by Little Green Frog Designs
(photo by me)